The Jan Czuker Family Elucidation of the Torah's Commandments
Sefer HaChinuch is one of the great classics of the 13th Century. Although the anonymous author states that he wrote it for his son and the youth of his time to learn on Sabbath afternoons, it was embraced by the entire nation as a masterpiece.
The author lists all 613 Commandments following the weekly Torah Readings. He explains the source of each mitzvah, suggests a reason for it and the lesson it contains for us, and provides a summary of its laws. Chinuch gives expression to the essence of the mitzvos in a manner that speaks to the heart of the Jew. No other work approaches it in presenting the grandeur and majesty of the 613 Mitzvos.
Thanks to the gifted scholars of ArtScroll/Mesorah, English readers — scholars and laymen alike — can now study and understand Sefer HaChinuch with clarity and in depth, as never before.
- The Hebrew text, authoritatively researched by Machon Yerushalayim, is newly vowelized.
- Every word and phrase is translated and explained, following the pattern of the ArtScroll Schottenstein Talmud.
- Notes explain the background and concepts.
- Sources of the laws are cited and explained.
- References to other works and classic halachic sources are provided for those interested in further research.
- Illuminating ôInsightsö reveal broad dimensions of the mitzvos.
- An Overview discusses the inner meaning and spiritual uplift of the mitzvos.
This major achievement brings profound understanding of the mitzvos within the reach of every Jew.
The first volume also contains the Author's Introduction, which is an extensive treatise on issues such as the uniqueness of the Jewish People, their tribulations in Exile, and the coming Days of Mashiach. This illuminating perspective on these issues, from the pen of such an authoritative source, is a must-read.
|Receive every volume of Sefer Hachinuch/ Book of Mitzvos as they are published! Order now and never miss a volume. Click HERE for more information and to sign up. |